您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
- 부모와 아이
K-pop sensation BTS notched the title of Worldwide Icon of the Year on Tuesday, the first day of the ...
- 부모와 아이
SK Bioscience said Wednesday that the company signed a memorandum of understanding with Hilleman Lab ...
- 부모와 아이
LG Display appointed Jeong Cheol-dong, currently LG Innotek president as its new chief executive off ...
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- Story of first female leader of traveling entertainers reimagined
- 한동훈 “나는 스타장관 아니다, 여당 아닌 야당이 날 띄우는 것"
- [From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
PKM Gallery sheds light on Toby Ziegler, Kwon Jin
Heritage expert You Hong
6 pct of executives in S. Korea's top 100 firms women: data
Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
City becomes attractive when social minorities are empowered: Seoul mayor
- World Cup in Saudi Arabia sparks human rights protest
- BAT design chief stresses responsible design
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- Visa applications open for additional 12,900 foreign workers
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- Seoul shares open higher on stock short selling ban
- Mayplace Hotel marks ninth anniversary with room promotions
- 'Oh, Jejudo' by Hyun Ki
- N. Korea steps up criticism against military cooperation among S. Korea. US, Japan
- Samsung family members selling W2.6 trillion worth of shares to cover inheritance taxes
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea's malaria cases reach highest level in 12 yrs
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- Emerging artists unveil works of enduring times at Park Seo
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik