Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
简介Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group ...
Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group's first anniversary with an apology.
Keena penned a hand-written letter to fans Saturday, a year on from the group's debut.
"I'm cautious as to how to start this since I'm addressing my fans, Hunnies, for the first time in a while, but I'm plucking up my courage to speak on my honest thoughts," Keena began her letter.
"First of all, I'm sorry to Hunnies who have gone through a hard time due to my indiscreet actions and I am thankful to them for enduring through this indefinite period for me," she wrote.
Keena, along with her three bandmates of Fifty Fifty, had begun a legal battle against the group's agency, Attrakt, in June, requesting an injunction to terminate their exclusive contracts. The Seoul court rejected their request in August and the four members appealed. Attrakt in October terminated the contracts with Saena, Sio and Aran, but not with Keena, who withdrew her appeal at the last moment.
"I've learnt, experienced and matured a lot in the past year. It was my memories with Hunnies that have pulled me up every moment," she continued in the letter, adding, "I promise to make you guys happy again as Keena of Fifty Fifty with good performances and music."
Debuting under Attrakt, Fifty Fifty gained enormous popularity with its mega-hit single, "Cupid." With the song, the quartet became the fastest K-pop group to make it onto Billboard's Hot 100 song chart, and "Cupid" went on to become the longest-charting song on the US singles chart and the British Official Single Chart.
Keena is set to attend the Billboard Music Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the top duo/group and top global K-pop song award categories of the annual music event.
Hyundai Motor Group on Tuesday unveiled a more compact, integrated wheel system that frees up more r ...
While exploring Seoul, travelers often encounter the well-known Bukchon Hanok Village, situated in t ...
South Korea, the United States and Japan established a trilateral communication hotline, a senior Se ...
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- [사진] 수도권 상공 출격한 미군 B
- Arrest warrant sought for ex
- S. Korea's inflation grows faster, stays over 3 pct for third month in Oct.
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- The branch of South Korean left blaming Israel for Hamas attacks
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- Posco, HBIS Group complete steel sheet plant in China
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Professor awarded for building Korean studies in US
- Italian architect Franco Mancuso donates archives on Korean Pavilion at Venice Biennale
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- 北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Samsung SDI logs record
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance