Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
简介JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County i ...
JANGSEONG, South Jeolla Province -- The trees surrounding Baekyangsa, a temple in Jangseong County in South Jeolla Province, boasted their crimson and yellow leaves on a quiet Friday in November.
Everyone at the temple, however, including the monks, remarked that the weather has been strange this year, lamenting how unfortunate it is that visitors won't be able to see the best of the fall colors.
Nonetheless, for a first-time visitor, the temple, whose origin goes back around 1,400 years ago to 632, the scenery was perfectly beautiful.
The temple, about a four-hour drive from Seoul, offers an escape from high-rise buildings, city pollution, and the noises and stress of our daily lives. This solitude and the opportunity to empty one's mind are probably among the main reasons many people embark on templestays offered at traditional temples around the country.
In a humble vest and pants, participants can meditate, converse over tea and enjoy Buddhist meals for a night or two.
With the rise of generative artificial intelligence like ChatGPT, regulators across the world have s ...
윤재옥 국회 운영위원장이 17일 오전 서울 여의도 국회에서 열린 운영위원회 전체회의에서 의사봉을 두드리고 있다. 뉴스1여야가 내년도 국회 운영 예산안 심의에서 의정활동 개선을 위한 ...
The government's online civil service portal temporarily resumed operations Saturday after expe ...
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
[Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
[Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Fifty Fifty's Keena says outsourcing rep stoked bad blood with Attrakt, Fifty Fifty
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- Lotte Cinema to screen NBA game
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- Man nabbed in naked rampage
- Strengthening Vietnam
- In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
- [Korean History] 2003, when Korean cinema was at its finest
- Mirae Asset Securities to buy back shares worth W60b
- Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
- Mama Awards stays in Japan for 2nd straight year
- [Herald Interview] Through memories, Bora Jin pens ode to grandfather and Busan
- 김성태 "인요한, 방향 잘 설정해 뚜벅뚜벅 잘 하고 있다"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Anthropologist stresses multidisciplinary approach for strong Korean studies
- Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
- 'Justice will prevail': G
- Defense minister rejects plans for J
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- AmCham hosts AI forum for SMEs
- Child hurt after angry dad pushes the swing too hard
- 인요한 만난 김종인 “처방은 잘했지만, 환자가 약을 먹어야”
- S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
- 대통령실, 범정부 기술유출 합동대응단 출범
- [Today’s K
- 'Omega X will not give up': Boy band returns to share message of hope
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- Samsung C&T gears for 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress
- Seoul shares open lower after record daily gain