Exhibition at holy site highlights Catholic presence in Korea
简介The highlights of the exhibition are letters that Korean Catholics sent to the Holy See in 1811 and ...
The highlights of the exhibition are letters that Korean Catholics sent to the Holy See in 1811 and 1824 and papal documents issued by Pope Gregory XVI in 1831.
The Korean Catholics sent the letters to the Holy See requesting a priest who could administer baptism in Joseon where they continued religious activities amid persecution.
The letters prompted Pope Gregory XVI to designate Joseon as an apostolic vicariate. He also sent Bishop Barthelemy Bruguiere as an apostolic vicar to Joseon, according to the papal documents.
The exhibition also includes a 1942 papal document issued by Pope Pius XII appointing Korean Bishop Roh Ki-nam as the first apostolic vicar of Korea, which was then under Japanese colonial rule. Roh's appointment also served as a beacon of hope for the Korean Catholics who feared all the priests could be replaced with Japanese, according to the museum.
김태효 국가안보실 1차장은 북한의 최전방 감시초소(GP) 복원에 대응해 우리 GP도 복원할 계획이라고 27일 밝혔다.김태효 국가안보실 1차장. 연합뉴스김 차장은 이날 KBS 뉴스라 ...
A documentary will give fans a glimpse at the making of Jimin's first solo album, his label Big Hit ...
More popular webtoon series are being adapted into live-action TV dramas with the return of actors a ...
- Seoul shares close more than 1% higher on extended Israel
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- [Busan Is Ready] Busan Expo strives to present climate change solutions
HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK
[HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
Seoul shares open higher on US gains
Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
[Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
- 120,000 more public homes to be supplied by this year
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Chief justice seat at top court left vacant amid Assembly chaos
- Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- Berliner Philharmoniker visits Seoul for first time in 6 years, joined by Cho Seong
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- Jessica ends 6
- Kumho Petrochemical comits to net zero by 2050
- NewJeans to be first K
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- Korea Artist Prize returns after overhaul
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
- Samsung Electronics accounts for 84% of Q3 smartphone sales
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- Jeju female divers 'haenyeo' listed as FAO agricultural heritage system
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Seoul shares open higher on hope for exports recovery