S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
简介South Korea's industry ministry said Tuesday the government has formally accepted an agreement ...
South Korea's industry ministry said Tuesday the government has formally accepted an agreement by the World Trade Organization aimed at banning subsidies for illegal fishing.
The agreement centers on prohibiting subsidies that contribute to overfishing and other illegal, unregulated fishing so as to ensure the sustainability of fish stocks and the industry.
Following South Korea's approval, the total number of WTO members that have formally endorsed the rule reached 51, taking up 46 percent of the necessary support for the agreement to take effect, according to the Geneva-based organization.
"Once implemented, the multilateral rule will curb harmful subsidies that may lead to the depletion of global fisheries resources and contribute to the sustainable use of maritime resources," the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy said in a statement.
"It will especially help to address the issue of illegal and overfishing by foreign vessels in our nearby waters," it added. (Yonhap)
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
9월 셋째 주 주요뉴스 키워드는 #통계조작 #조국 #최강인 의원직상실 #정유정 계획범죄 인정 #세수 펑크 #이재명 체포동의안 가결 #미국ㆍ이란 수김자 맞교환 #윤 대통령 UN총회 ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표의 1년간에 걸친 ‘방탄 공성전(攻城戰)’은 결국 내부에서 무너졌다.국회는 21일 본회의에서 이 대표 체포동의안을 무기명 표결에 부쳐 찬성 149표, 반대 ...
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- 김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
- 이준석 “가해자 따로 있는데…인요한 ‘대리사과’ 황당 제안”
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- E. coli found in Echire butter
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- Nationwide reports spark escalating public fears of bedbugs
- Mayplace Hotel marks ninth anniversary with room promotions
- Enhypen's new album to be led by 'Sweet Venom'
- Over 90 pct of cattle vaccinated against lumpy skin disease
- SK On to supply EV batteries to Polestar from 2025
- [Today’s K
- LG Electronics opens Alaskan lab to develop HVAC tech in extreme weather
- [Herald Review] Music Festival Pohang stands strong without conductor or chairs
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- [Test Drive] Upgraded Polestar 2 dons Iron Man mask
- N. Korea steps up criticism against military cooperation among S. Korea. US, Japan
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- Central Asia, S. Korea pledge to strengthen youth cooperation
- Yoon's approval rating up for 2 consecutive weeks
- Yoon vows to move up completion of GTX commuter rail networks
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- Samsung family members selling W2.6 trillion worth of shares to cover inheritance taxes
- W10m reward offered for information leading to fugitive on the run for third day