Coway ramps up environmental protection
简介South Korean home appliance maker Coway has been expanding its environmental campaigns to promote th ...
South Korean home appliance maker Coway has been expanding its environmental campaigns to promote the culture of everyday environmental protection across the country.
In a bid to promote clean water areas, in July it launched its second “Coway River Plogging Campaign,” which involves a combination of running and picking up litter along river and coastal areas, together with its customers and employees for about a month.
The campaign saw a 41 percent surge in the number of participants, compared to last year, the company added.
As part of the project, Coway has also been running a marine protection initiative at a beach in Gangwon Province. It involves employees with certification diving underwater to collect litter, including plastic bottles and fishing nets.
Since June 2022, Coway has been running an environmental project called the “Classroom Forest Project” by donating plants to elementary schools in Korea.
Students actively participate in the project by growing plants in the classroom and transplanting them to pots made from disposable mask fabric and recycled plastic bottles. Since its launch, this initiative has expanded to four elementary schools nationwide, raising awareness of the importance of clean air among young children.
South Korea has initiated a comprehensive examination of scenarios aimed at restoring guard posts in ...
In a little more than five years -- sometime in early 2029 -- the world will likely be unable to sta ...
The epitaph plaque for Madam Jo (1841-1892), the wife of Park Chung-yang (1841-1905), the first Kore ...
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
Samsung Biologics sees highest
Celltrion wins UNDP tender to supply anticancer treatments to Turkmenistan
악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
LG, Hyundai, YouTube team up for in
BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- Muaz Razaq on being Muslim in South Korea
- LIG Nex1 seals global defense ties at Seoul ADEX 2023
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Fifty Fifty's Keena says outsourcing rep stoked bad blood with Attrakt, Fifty Fifty
- [Korean History] 2003, when Korean cinema was at its finest
- Man nabbed in naked rampage
- 尹 "참모들 앉아있지 말고 현장 가라…나도 민생 더 파고들 것"
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Hyundai Motor, Kia ranked in mid range of global eco
- 2023 Melon Music Awards to take place Dec. 2
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- S.Korea's largest
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- New fad uncovers old school transcripts for dose of nostalgia
- US strategic bomber B
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들